Prev: Re: Another Stargrunt question Next: FAQ?

Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@p...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 22:51:29 -0400
Subject: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)

Jon et al.,

Couple of questions about some situations that came up in a game last
Saturday.  Scenario was a prison raid - a high-ranking officer was being
kept in an impromptu POW camp.	Problem occurred when the defender
(quite wisely, I thought at first) detached his SAW gunner from one
squad and placed him in a guard tower.	A good idea, but . . .the leader
of the squad was a Regular - 3.  He proceeded to fail every comm roll to
get the detached SAW to actually fire at anyone.   Then, the squad he
was detached from proceeded to get into heavy combat and routed.

Questions:
1) I wasn't sure what to do with the detached element when the rest of
the squad routed.  The squad was probably 18 inches away at the time.
It didn't seem right to force the detached SAW element to rout as well
since he hadn't even been fired on during the game.

2) Can a unit commander on the next command level up attempt to give a
detached element orders?  In this game, the Platoon commander was nearby
and was passing every comm roll he tried.  I don't think I'd want other
Squad leaders ordering the poor guy around, but it seemed logical to
allow the Platoon commander to step in when the guy's inept squad leader
couldn't manage to do anything with him.

This was just a trial game - we were trying out the rules.  I loved not
having to look up anything on a darned table in the rulebook!

Very nice rules, Jon, thanks for letting us play with them, too.

Nick Caldwell
clcaldwell@primary.net

Prev: Re: Another Stargrunt question Next: FAQ?