Prev: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons Next: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons

Re: when do fighters move

From: Sandy Goh <sandy@a...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 20:12:03 -0400
Subject: Re: when do fighters move

On Fri, 09 May 1997 05:30:24 -0400, you wrote:

>are the range limits a measure of sensors or beam cohesion? It would
make
>sense to me to have your SWAC close with the enemy and send target data
>the main fleet, if it survives.
>
>ex: swac is 12" away from target, transmit data to fleet 36" away,
fleet
>fires as if from 12" range.

Err... I don't think this would work. The SWAC would be very expensive
financially and points-wise and if it did this it would most likely
get evaporated by a massed volley as soon it it hit the table. Well OK
you _could_ build the system into a super dreadnought hull. You'd have
to name it Constellation, of course (or whatever that old GW targeting
ship was called).

Sandy Goh (sandy@artica.demon.co.uk)

Prev: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons Next: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons