Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons

Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 17:43:53 -0400
Subject: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application

[snip]

>But I thought that vehicles direct fire weapons could fire at aircraft
if
>they were at low altitudes.
>
>>Jon (GZG)
>
>regards
>gent

If you check the highlighted para at the top of P.42 (first column), it
states that direct-fire (ie: ground) weapons can fire at VTOLs in low
mode;
to fire at high VTOLs or any other aircraft an Air Defence system of
some
sort must be used.
In the reply above, I had assumed we were talking about shooting at
fixed-wing aerospace craft during their fast attack passes. If you
include
NOE VTOLs, then yes you are partly right.

[Yeah, OK, I had to go back and check the book for this - hell, its four
years since I wrote 'em.... :)]

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: DirtSide II Infatry Weapons