Prev: Re: New Armor Next: Re: Sand

Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 16:51:01 -0400
Subject: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application

>I have an additional question that hinges on this issue.  If Air
Defense
>systems cannot engage the aircraft themslves, only their weapons in
flight,
>then can Guided missile systems engage them instead, or are they simply
>Anti-Armor?

ADS CAN engage aircraft (acting in their ZAD role); it is PDS that
can't.
As to targetting aircraft with GMS, I would say that as the basic rules
stand, the answer is no, but (as always) if you want to designate a
particular kind of GMS system as being multirole and having AA (LAD or
ZAD,
your choice) capabilities then do so, working out a suitable additional
points cost (you'll have to argue this one out with your gaming group).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: New Armor Next: Re: Sand