Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: New Armor

How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)

From: Chun Wang <cwang@d...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 16:37:06 -0400
Subject: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> I'm sorry but I don't follow you.
>
> The attacker never *needs* to go close the base. He *can* if he's
really
> stupid, though... therefore the battle will be decided away from the
base.

> There will never *be* a "standard engagement" near the base, unless
your
> GM *forces* you to play one. Which would be a bit like me playing
Kasparov
> with the referee ruling that he can't check me until move 20. It would

> limit Kasparov's options for no good in-game reason.

	Let's make this assumption that space station can move with it's

manuver jets. I know within current rule that space station is immobile,

but let's us be generous give it say 0.5" movement per turn. Missiles
launchs at the limits of the range. The space station commander decide
emergency scramble and move the base as much as it can. 3 turns later,
the space station move out the range of the missiles. OOPs... the
missile
missed.

	Second option. Under vector rule, a stationary base should be
able
to turn to face any direction you want. So we only need 1 Nova Cannon on

the station. Since the missiles are launched at max. range, the missile
have to travel as a straight line. Turn the base toward the missile
swarm, fire the nova cannon, the missile swarm says good night.

	I guess I am just here to debate the survivability of base. That
is
my whole intension. I am sorry I tried to turn this into a personal and
ugly discussion. Sorry to any body who listen to me rambling.

*
*"To be or not to be that is the question."
*
*To be is infinite better then to be in the limbo flowing around...
*
*So.....			 Get a life... :)
*
*Chun-Kai Wang a.k.a. Kevin, Zelt, and Zilvra Argith
*
*

Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: New Armor