Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Sand

Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-)

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@w...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 08:06:17 -0400
Subject: Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-)

On Tue, May 6, 1997 at 10:27:51 PM, <KOCHTE@stsci.edu> wrote:

> I'm sure many of you have seen this before. But as I was digging
around
> in the massive backlog of mail I have sitting off to the side, I found
it
> again and it kinda vaguely applies to the current thoughts about
missiles
> in FT being able to turn on/off...or not. And thought I'd share it
with
> y'all.

[story of the JATO rocket-powered-car snipped]

This is an urban legend.  It didn't happen.  The al.urban-legend folks
traced
it back to a joke told at a policeman's retirement party or something.

--Chris Weuve		[My opinion, not my employers.]
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w/day) 	mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)
----
"Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept
the
things I cannot, and a great big bag of money."  [author unknown]

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Sand