Prev: Point conversion from FT to DS2: Ortillery Next: Re: Bogey Markers

RE: Bogey Markers

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 15:24:10 -0400
Subject: RE: Bogey Markers

IMO, no, Intelligence would probably be able to spot, track and classify
bases, using spy ships et al. The only circumstance for generic base
'bogeys' would be something akin to the FT system with S,M, and L size
prefab, towed bases with quick change weapons and systems. So the
capabilities of (semi-) permanent civilian bases (unclassified ones, at
least..) should be known, as well as their location and general layout
(like shipping ports today).  Military bases should be more of an
unknown quantity, capability-wise, but may be, in point of fact, more
'visible' on the star-charts. Sensors, ECM, ECCM for handling recon runs
against unknown enemy installations can come into play as they do with
determining ship systems in MT .

My opinion,

Gene