Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Bogey Markers

Re: Bogey Markers

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 11:02:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Bogey Markers

Allan Goodall wrote:
>I just recently painted up two dozen bogey markers, and now I'm ready
to put
>ID letters on them. What do you use for IDs?
>
>I'd prefer to ID them with a single letter denoting ship class and a
number
>for the marker. Escorts are easy, as you can label them E# (as in E1,
E2,
>E3, etc.). How do would you denote capital ships and cruisers?
>
>I'm just wondering if there is some sort of standard out there.

I'm not sure of any standard, but I would use letters to identify the
size
range(e.g. A=Escort, B=Cruiser, C=Captial, D=Supership, etc.), and
numbers
for unique IDs(e.g. Bogey escort #1 = A1).  Another option would be to
use
different sized bogey markers to indicate size and just mark each one in
size range with a unique ID.  I thought of using pinheads, ping-pong
balls,
etc to represent different sizes.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Bogey Markers