Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: when do fighters move

From: nezach@t... (Wendy and Ndege Diamond)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 02:40:22 -0400
Subject: Re: when do fighters move

----------
From: Sandy Goh <sandy@artica.demon.co.uk>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Date: Monday, May 05, 1997 9:20 PM

On Mon, 05 May 1997 19:27:41 -0700, you wrote:

>15) Fire any/all ships, players alternating one ship each, starting
with
>the player with the FEWEST ships in play.  (Tactical goes advantage to
the
>underdog.)

Be nice if there was some sort of "datalink" that let you fire 2 or
more ships simultaneously, like Starfire (which is quite a good game).
I suspect datalink would be a special type of FireCon. Datalink
FireCon perhaps. Ships with synchronised datalink firecons could fire
together, but you couldn't put more than 2-4 ships in the system and
you would have to predesignate the groups. Would make taking out those
awful level-3 screen ships easier (wreck cruisers too). I'll leave
someone else to work out the stats.

Sandy Goh (sandy@artica.demon.co.uk)
----------

	I have been thinking about a ship system that would be kinda
like what you
are talking about.  I have been calling it the SpWACS ("spaywacks").  I
based it on the AWACS system the USAF uses.  I used the enhanced and
superior sensor package and doubled the cost and mass.	Any ship within
6"
(like a ADAF system) could be fed fire control information.  Basicly
other
ships could use one of the SpWACS FireCons as if it was their own.  If
multiple ships were firing on the same target with the same type of
weapons
they could all borrow the same SpWACS FireCon.	Different weapon systems
would have to use different SpWACS FireCons.  The targeting soulition
for a
pulse torp would be different than a A bat.  The system could also act
just
like a sensor of the same type, ie illuminating bogies, giving
information
as per the sensor chart in MT.
	The SpWACS system would be fitted to a deticated ship just like
area-effect ECM systems.  Other systems operating on or around the ship
(like ECM or weasel systems) would interfear with the SpWACS.  Enemy ECM
would also interfere with SpWACS.  It could give sensor info as per the
normal enhanced and superior sensors but it could only lock on on an
unmodified roll of 5 or 6.  The only weapon systems on a deticated
SpWACS
ship would be PDAF.  Other systems would be limited to extra FireCons
and
damage control partys.
	I hadn't thought about ships in the SpWACS net being able to
fire
simultaniously but it seems like a logical rule if they are using the
same
"borrowed" FireCon.
	My main insperation (other than the AWACS) was the Imperial
Constellation
targetting ships from Space Fleet.  That is what I invision a SpWACS
ship
looking like (covered with sensor domes and various other targiting
apparatus)

Well, what do you think sirs? (MST 3K style),

Nezach

Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII