Prev: I've been off the list for 6 weeks, any goss, announcements? Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 11:02:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

At 10:32 AM 5/5/97 +1000, Dan wrote:

>I haven't followed all of this thread but the thought occurs to me that
>you could launch a high explosive warhead equipped missile at a sand
>cloud and presuming you hit it, dissipate the particles in the cloud to
>the point where they aren't effective. Wouldn't this then mean that
your
>station isn't invulnerable to sand casters? Especially as missiles have
>no range restrictions.

	One of the rules I added regarding Sand Clouds was that if a
Pulse
Torpedo Launcher targeted the Sand Cloud that it would be dispersed.
Obviously other area effect weapons could disperse the cloud as well.
	Phil P.

Prev: I've been off the list for 6 weeks, any goss, announcements? Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII