Prev: RE: MechaZone 556 Campaign report #1 Next: Re: IFF aid, please...

Re: IFF aid, please...

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 18:33:08 -0400
Subject: Re: IFF aid, please...

>> > As the proud owner of 100 Superior ships, I'd like some help
identifying
>> > which are which...

<snip>

>Then there are...
>
>	     =====
>    ___       \  \		___
>   /	\   -------------------=|__|
>  (	 )==|		      |=|__| Engine arrangement: O
>   \	/   -------------------=|__|			O O
>    ---       /  /
>	     =====
>

>	,======
>      //     \\
>     //       \\___.
>   /-||    __	||  |
>  (  ||===|  |_||  |
>   \-||    --	||__|
>     \\       //
>      \\     //
>	=======
>
>(very poor picture, though...)

OK, think I know these two - they are NOT Superior ships, but some from
boxed set produced by GRENADIER a long while ago (late 70s?); the box
was a
mix of a dozen or so very different ship types, with no actual names or
descriptions supplied (I have one set, including the original box). I
guess
they were intended as a general ship mix for roleplayers (eg Traveller)
for
occasional encounters, rather than to give battle fleets for miniatures
combat. If I'm right on the ID, the big one is about 70mm-ish in length
with a circular front section and two small "weapon/sensor" pylons,
while
the "round" one (about 35-40mm?) looks like it is made from a coil of
wire... ?
Looks like you've got a mixed bag here, but they're all classics of
starship miniatures gaming!! Got any Eisenwerk or Valiant ones in
there??

>	 ___
>	 | |
>      -------
>     /  ___  \
>    /	/   \  \
>   /  /     \	\
>   \  \     /	/
>   /\	\___/  /\
>   \/\       /\/
>      -------
>
>(Hm. The hole in the middle should be round, and the boxes at the
"lower"
>sides look just like the uppermost one...)

Could be one of the Superior starbase/fortresses? How big is the model?

>And the last one:
>
>			   =================
>    o/--(_)--\o    (_	  _|_____________|  (and there should be fins at

>    (front view)

This one has REALLY got me stumped - sorry!

>Oerjan Ohlson

Hope this helps a little..

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: MechaZone 556 Campaign report #1 Next: Re: IFF aid, please...