Prev: Re: Food 'n' games, the two essentials Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Fw: Deals with the devil

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 10:05:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Deals with the devil

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Roger Gerrish wrote:

> With reference to the new WH40K Epic its interesting to note that a
very,
> very similar system SPACE MARINE II: HERESY was being playtested
nearly 6
> yaers ago, (it was much better than its new incarnation, probably not
as
> innovative as DSII but would have at least given it a good run for its
> money.)

...Epic 40K _is_ SMII: HERESY. Or rather the "updated" version of it...

>From what little I've managed to try it, Epic 40K is good for large
battles (...once you've organized your troops, that is), but it lacks in
detail - there's no real difference between the laser cannon on my Eldar
gravtanks and the Kustom Kannon of the Orks; both give a "firepower
value", and that's that. For smaller battles, I'll stick to DSII (where
the difference between a HEL and a HKP is significant ;)

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Food 'n' games, the two essentials Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII