Prev: Re: test Next: Re: Discount Games

Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 02:50:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

>I'm thinking of spending money that I don't have. : )
>For people who have played both, which is more enjoyable or better?
>Dirt Side II or Star Grunt II (I already play Full Thrust II).

It all depends on which scale you like to fight in or collect for.

I personally prefer SGII as I think it plays well and I like the
personalisation I make with my forces ("Hey the sarge is down, man!
What
the hell do we do now!?!  Where's that C-Vac!?!?!?!") and the detail of
the
play.  Simple, yet realistic, fast and entertaining as I can get a
really
good feel for what's going on.

I like DSII, but the one problem I have with it is the "Draw counters
for
damage" system in it.  My friends and I have countered this by using a
table
to roll on which you use a D100 for.  The odds are only slightly changed
as
you can roll the same damage result several times which you can't do
with
the chits.  However it too plays well, is fast and realistic and I enjoy
playing it though I must say I like the feel of skirmish-style games
better
than grand tactical engagements.

The ground rule is whether or not you want to colect and use 25mm men
and
have squad skirmishes or whether you would prefer to play out grand
engagements
envolving companies of infantry and armour and collecting the minis for
them.

-Kelvin.....

   "I'm very angry now.  I may even be tingling."
		     -The Tick
	 email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: test Next: Re: Discount Games