Prev: Re: GW Aims to take over the World Next: Fw: Deals with the devil

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:08:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

At 10:56 PM 4/30/97 +0100, Roger  wrote:

>>However, after objects have moved, check their movement lines and
>>see if they crossed during the movement phase, this can have certain
>effects...
>
>Would you apply some sort of proportional movement to the objects to
see if
>at the point their movement lines crossed they occupied roughly the
same
>point in space?.
	Yes.  In my own B-5 Game, I had a 24 Phase based turn that did
this.
However, for FT you can initiate it after you see that a couple objects
came
within a reasonable range to require an instant replay.  The
proportional
movement shouldn't be too difficult to determine.

>Example: As a Sand cloud can't thrust (and assuming they are launched
at
>the beginning of the turn) I can fairly easily predict where any
potential
>Sand Cloud launched by a ship will finish its move. Now supposing my
ship
>after applying Main Drive, Thruster or Rotation passes through the
vector
>of the cloud, will it automatically be judged for damage, if so then
the
>Sand Clouds area of effect is 3" wide and its vector x 1" long. If this
is
>not the case then without proprtional movement its going to be
difficult to
>judge whether a hit takes place.

	As to the excessive number of vector markers, examine what
objects
really are still in play.  You will find that many will have passed the
enemy and are on their way outbound, these can be removed, since they
won't
hurt anyone.

Prev: Re: GW Aims to take over the World Next: Fw: Deals with the devil