Prev: 'Leaving on a jet plane' Next: Re: 'Leaving on a jet plane'

Re: Aargh! (off topic) - Reply

From: Phillip Atcliffe <P-ATCLIFFE@w...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 05:26:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Aargh! (off topic) - Reply

Joachim, quoting Rob Paul, wrote:

>>Well gents, I've got my Ph.D. viva on Monday morning, (soon after
which I
>>probably lose my email) but I'm not nervous.	Nope, not me. N-n-n-no.

>Wait a minnit... does this mean he's smarter than us now?  We can't
>argue his rules modifications any more?  Drat!  Just when things were
>getting good, too.

Don't let that stop you. Some of us _already_ have our PhuDs... and we
ain't
stopping arguing. Heck, you gotta have something interesting to think
about
after you get away from the monster that's been monopolising your brain
for far
too long (that's the PhD, not FT...B-) ).

Oh, and btw, I'm sorry that the stupid mail system here at the Uni of
WoE
meant that I didn't get Rob's original message until today (Tuesday), or
I'd have
wished him luck for the viva. I still remember mine, and if _I'm_ lucky,
I'll never
have another experience like that in my life... So I hope it went okay,
Rob. Have
a beer -- or the alcoholic beverage of your choice -- for me; you
probably need it!

Phil, who gets to graduate on Friday the 13th. Hmmm...
"We gotta get out into Space,	     | A sentiment echoed by:
 If it's the last thing we ever do!" |	   Phil Atcliffe
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet |	(p-atclif@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: 'Leaving on a jet plane' Next: Re: 'Leaving on a jet plane'