Prev: Re: Ain't Tech Grand Next: Re: Ain't Tech Grand

What points systems are worth looking at?

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 23:02:13 -0400
Subject: What points systems are worth looking at?

In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.970424114719.19157A-100000@swob.dna.fi> Mikko
Kurki-Suonio writes:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:
>
> > I haven't seen a point system yet that isn't broken.
>
> Neither have I. But the relatively good ones still provide a useful
> reference point.

I'm going to wilfully misinterpret the statement above, and
restate it to try to kick the points value thread in a slightly
different direction.

What relatively good point systems do people know of that could
provide a useful reference... for writing point systems for our
beloved GZG games? Or games in general? What have you seen and
liked (in part if not in whole)?

Also useful would be any system that spruces up a pick-up game
where players can bring a pre-generated force to an unreferee'd
game and arrive at something less than wholey bland.

So far as example we've had Heavy Gear, Armati and DBM. What
else can people throw into the ring?

...Also, since Stargrunt currently has no points system, maybe we
could start writing one for that...

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Ain't Tech Grand Next: Re: Ain't Tech Grand