Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Another POINTless Argument

Re: Anti Grav......

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:33:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti Grav......

At 12:52 PM 4/23/97 +0100, Rob Paul wrote:

>	 It would be fun, though, wouldn't it? :-)  I wonder if the
public
>would be disappointed in a Europan "black smoker" community? (For
non-biol.
>readers, these mainly consist of bacteria, wormy things and a few
shrimps,
>independent of sunlight thanks to the output of volcanic vents)

That's the big kicker. If there is life on Europa, and there is/was life
on
Mars, it seems to suggest that life will develop almost anywhere.  That
greatly increases the possibility that there is intelligent life
somewhere
"out there." Currently we have no proof one way or the other, only a
statistical sample of one life bearing planet out of nine (and umpteen
moons).

I saw a Discovery Canada programme (from the US Discovery channel) about
the
Mars meteor. The NASA scientists had to give a briefing to a
Congressional
committee. The chairman of the committee said something like,
"Considering
that many of my constituents believe strongly in the Bible, this
[possible
proof of Martian life] poses some difficult questions. Do any of you
want to
tackle this issue?" The NASA scientists laughed en masse...

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Another POINTless Argument