Prev: Re: Personalities in SGII Next: RE: Surfin' Bugs, Dude! (Stargrunt II)

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:29:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

> From: Mark Donelan <mark_donelan@vis.com>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?
> Date: Wednesday, April 16, 1997 10:16 AM
>
>	  I have been playing FT/MT for a short time and have used the
More
> Thrust rules on fighter order of movement. I have not found fighters
be
> unbalanced or overly powerful at all. If anything they appeared to be
too
> weak in comparison to the A battery.
>	  What have I missed? With the limited speed of fighters and
their
> vulnerability, (especially to scatterguns) how are you using them so
> effectively?

The problem of strength comes in when you compair fighters to corvettes.

	   Std Corvette 	  Fighter Group
Mass:	      6 			    6 (including bay)
Cost:	      43			   20
Thrust:        8			    12 (does NOT have to follow
12
headings
						      or pay for turns)
FTL:	       Y			     N
Screens:     N				  N (only suseptable to *DAF).
Damage
 Potential:   4pts			  12pts.
*DAF
 Potential:   6pts (C's as PDAF)  12pts.
Damage
 Points:       3			       6

Corvettes are x2 the cost. 3/4 speed. 1/3 damage potential. 1/2 *DAF
damage
potential. And 1/2 damage points.

This explaines why Fighter groups need anoter limiting factor such as
endurance.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry
Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: Personalities in SGII Next: RE: Surfin' Bugs, Dude! (Stargrunt II)