Prev: Re: Scatterguns Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

RE: Little Tiny Stargrunt

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:46:00 -0400
Subject: RE: Little Tiny Stargrunt

>	 However, all the hype about E40K now being "Warhammer 40K with
>Tanks" has given me at least one idea.  I've seen a lot of postings
from
>people who have been playing SGII with fifteens, due to a limited
amount
of
>gaming space.	Has anyone ever tried playing the game with 1/300 or
1/285
>scale figs?
I haven't tried it yet, but I want to.	Actually, I
mean by "it" I mean playing some game at the SGII rule scale
with Epic figure scale.  I don't have SGII, and I'd probably
start off with Critter Commandos, to see if I like the
idea before buying "better" rules (and I'm sure not buying
WH40K for the rules!).	But I like the idea of using the
terrain I already have, and not having to buy more in the
larger scale.  I also like the idea of setting up a bunch
of stuff on a small area like a kitchen table.

I don't think basing them would be too hard.  You can get
some small metal washers and glue them to the bottom.  I
think that weight and added diameter would hold them up.

And you don't have to give too much to GW (although I want
to play Epic 40K), since the figs in one of their $9.99
boxes are varied and numerous enough for an SGII battle at
this scale.

I've got a "travel version" of Space Hulk made with Epic
figures glued to magnet circles that I got from advertisement
refrigerator magnets with a hole punch.  I use Epic scale figures;
the genestealers from the plastic Tyranid box, and Devastators
for Flamers, regular Marines for Terminators (I don't have enough
plastic Terminators to give 'em up for that), and something else
as Sergeants, though they don't have swords.  I draw the halls and
rooms on a piece of graph paper, which I put on a cookie sheet so
the magnets will stick.  Colored construction paper glued to more
sheet magnets and a hole punch provide blips, flame, and overwatch
counters.

Anyway, I'll try this idea (I've mentioned it on the list before,
too) after a while.  We're moving soon, so all my toys are
boxed up.  (That means no more Jenkintown Hobby for me soon.  I
bought some FT ships there the other day, and they were much
easier to find in the drawers.)

andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: Scatterguns Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: