Prev: RE: GZG Catalogue Next: Simple Robotech Conversions

Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 15:45:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

Excerpts from FT: 13-Apr-97 Anime games was: Re: I GOT .. by Eric
Fialkowski@micron.n
> >I hope he gets the licensing rights for LoGH.  The ships are not
overly
> >fantastic looking (I still like the ones from Gall Force better), but
they'd
> >be easy enought to paint.  Also, if you can use the LoGH background,
then
> >you're looking at 10,000 capital ships to 10,000 capital ship scale
battle.
> >Hmmmmm, wouldn't that much lead in one place qualify the game as an
EPA
> >super-fund site?

[snip]
> These other series sound _much_ more "game-able".

Er, not really... not with Full Thrust anyway.	The LoGH (Legend of the
Galactic Heroes) battles really *are* thousands of ships (13,000 per
fleet on one side, with 3-4 fleets at the start of the series, vs.
25,000 on the Imperial side) and they basically have fixed forward guns
only.  (Well, there are side guns, but those are mostly anti-fighter
defences I think.)  Basically, the ships are all *very* long  and have a
*very* small radial profile.  (I think that's the phrase.)  Think
'Discovery', but more massive and with several banks of laser cannon
taking up the front part.

OTOH, some kind of "grand tactical" combat might be interesting, but I
have no idea how one would go about writing such a thing. ^_^;;

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: RE: GZG Catalogue Next: Simple Robotech Conversions