Prev: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!! Next: RE: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

Re: WotC buys TSR!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:40:01 -0400
Subject: Re: WotC buys TSR!

At 06:51 PM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi there --
>
>	Check it out! WotC is buying TSR!

I posted this to rec.games.miniatures.misc but forgot to post it to the
list. WOTC has filed a "letter of intent" to purchase TSR. According to
WOTC, GenCon will NOT be moved from Milwaukee, though TSR could be moved
(presumably to the Seattle area where WOTC is based).

Of interest to this list, GenCon 97 will go on as scheduled and they are
planning to send out the accomodation and programme info in May as
scheduled. They also state that they have no intention of moving GenCon
from
Milwaukee for the foreseeable future.

I was most worried about this year's GenCon, but this takes away the
worry.
A lot of people are worried about what this will do to TSR's games
(Wizards
of the Coast had the rights to several roleplaying games, chief among
them
being Ars Magica, but dropped them to concentrate on Magic: The
Gathering).
It's too early to tell what this will do to their other roleplaying
games,
their miniatures games, and their boardgames. I find it interesting that
no
one has so far discussed the fact that WOTC appears--at least on the
surface--to be less "politically correct" than TSR.

So GenCon 97 is still a go. A number of us are involved in running FT,
SG2,
and DS2 games at GenCon so we hope to see some of you there.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!! Next: RE: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!