Prev: Re: DSII Infantry Base Sizes Next: Re: Bugs Don't Surf & Kryomek

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 00:02:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

At 09:38 PM 4/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Nezach wrote:
>
>	I wanted to thank you all for the painting ideas and the FAQ.
>I also had another question.  I was reading over the advanced rules in
>FT for fighters.  I don't know if I just missed it or what, but I was
>wondering how many turns fighters can take during their 12" move?  The
>way I am reading it now is they can take one turn in any direction at
the
>beginning of their movement phase (I know it doesn't specificaly say
>that).  However, it doesn't seem right that a element of fighters have
>the same handling as a battledreadnought.  Am I just being bone-headed
>here?	Am I missing something?

The way I've always played fighters is that they can pretty much move
anywhere within a 12" radius, choosing whichever heading they wish upon
completion of their move.  I've always thought this was a direct
reflection
of their superior manuverability.  However, I do know that there are
several optional rules which dictate more realistic fighter movement,
depending on the amount of bookkeeping	you're willing to do.  I
personally
advocate the idea of making fighters operate as MV 12 ships which plot
seperately after all the big ships have moved, but the people I play
with
are not too keen on that idea.	I suppose there are equally valid
arguements for or against whichever system of rules you choose; my
advice
would be to figure out what you think fighters in your game should and
shouldn't be able to accomplish, and choose (or make up) the rules which
best approximate your concept.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Re: DSII Infantry Base Sizes Next: Re: Bugs Don't Surf & Kryomek