Prev: Real Space Combat: 2050

Re: Real Space Combat Help:

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:33:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

> From: Mike Wikan <mww@n-space.com>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Real Space Combat Help:
> Date: Thursday, April 10, 1997 5:00 AM
>
> I think Railguns/ Mass drivers can be extremely effective considering
[snip]most likely hits. The current first generation Mass drivers GE is
> Assuming  your Starship has a Railgun that is 10 times more efficient
(not
> unreasonable, I think) in space you should be able to get fractional
> C velocities since there is no Atmosphere or Gravity to interfere.

But don't forget "for every action there is an equal and opposite
reaction". This can really play havoc with navigation (especially if the
railguns/mass drivers are turret mounted or not along the thrust axis of
the ship).

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html