Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: FT List

Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

From: "Roger Gerrish" <roger@u...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:09:11 -0400
Subject: Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

Jon Tuffley thinks 1st Edition Traveller came out before Star Wars.

Jon,
I think you are right. I remember coming home after seeing the premiere
of Star Wars in Nottingham, getting Traveller out and seeing if the
Millenium Falcon (Modified Free Trader) could escape 4 Fighters (did'nt
call them TIEs then.)

Had to wait for first edition 'High Guard' before we could attempt
'Imperial Cruisers' (Star Destroyers)
I think the first 'Star Wars' influenced ship may have been the Kinnuir
cruiser in Adventure 1 which had that distinctive 'wedge' shape,
(although come to think of it were there wedge shaped ships in Marc
Millers 'Imperium Game' which had links to the Traveller Background,
can't remember when that was first published.

Regards....
Roger Gerrish (Nottingham)

Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: FT List