Prev: Re: Mines.. Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Re: Borrowed ideas.

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:22:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Borrowed ideas.

Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
>  In some cultures the copying of an idea is considered the ultimate
>compliment, in the United States we call it intellectual property
>infringement...

I think Allan Goodall pretty much summed it up.  Ideas are not copyright
protected.  I am a resident of the USA myself as well as a software
developer and an artist, and I am well aware of intellectual property
rights.  If there is justification as Allan mentioned with possible
detrimental effects to your business, action may be possible.  In the
case
we are discussing, it is not.

Prev: Re: Mines.. Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust