Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Re: Capital vs. others Debate

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:07:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Capital vs. others Debate

Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
>GDWs Black Globe Generator is a direct rip off of the Langston Field in
Mote
>In God's Eye universe, along with a number of other things.  The only
reason
>they didn't sue is it wasn't worth the money and in the long run may
have
>actually helped sales.  So there is no bone to pick, just remember
where the
>original idea came from...

No bone previuously picked.  GDW's version was stated was for what it
is,
not where the "so-called" original idea came from.  Curious, but how do
know
where the first idea came from?  At times people have derived similar
ideas
without knowing anything about the other's existence.  If anything, and
the
idea was borrowed, then I would look at it as a complement to the
original
creator, not a rip-off.  Many times in my industry, I have seen other
software developers try to duplicate products\technologies that we were
first to introduce.  I take this as a compliment and it shows that we
are
innovators as well as making something people obviously want.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: