Prev: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: Desant@a...
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:19:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

As far as painting ships is concerned, I try to have an idea of who will
be
the "crew" of the ship.  On a few Star Blazers plastic kits I put
together, I
started with an Air Superiority Grey (Testors spray enamel) base coat.
knew the unit that was using the ships was in a martial/totalitarian
state
(ala that "other game").  I washed the whole thing with black ink, to
bring
out the panel line and other details.  After the ink dried, I drybrushed
the
mass of the model back up to a shade darker than the original color.  I
added
yellow accents to some various spots, like the nose, on the little
winglets,
etc.  To help guide my brush, I used the recessed panel lines already on
the
model.	Very easy.  I weathered the whole model using drybrushing and
colored
pencils.  My drybrushing went from the nose to the back, to represent
flecks
of paint being scoured off by various bits of space dust and the like.
finished by adding decals from GW's Epic line.	The Marine and Imperial
Guard
ones are simply smashing for this, as they are heavy on lightning bolts,
check patterns and other martial looking stuff.  Hope this helps.
Jay

Prev: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: