Prev: Re: Ancient politics and the Pacific War Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

Re: Velocity limits on Starships...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:42:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Velocity limits on Starships...

At 10:30 AM 4/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>  That sounds like a relativistic targeting rule.  However, it did
>make me think that perhaps a relativistic velocity rule might work (it
>would be complex).  The amount of speed you get from thrust could vary
>with your speed.

Based on which accelerated frame of reference?	Please, let's NOT get
into
relativistic movement. We'd have to keep track of ship velocity and
positions from each individual ship's perspective, and from the
perspective
of a third party observer. <<shudder>>

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Ancient politics and the Pacific War Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.