Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Hey is there a seperate SGII Mail list.

Re: WWII

From: Slaan@a...
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 13:46:52 -0500
Subject: Re: WWII

<<I'm curious: What does the average American high school history book
have
to say about the political situation before Pearl?>>

I don't know what the books say these days.  When I was in high school,
very
little was said about the proximate causes of WWII, other than Japanese
expansionism.  It took me awhile in college (while working on a history
degree or two) to find out that American policy was almost deliberately
provocative prior to the war and left the Japanese very little option
other
than passive submission or war (as you noted).

-- John I.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Hey is there a seperate SGII Mail list.