Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: Thoughts on FT

Re: Thoughts on FT

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 13:14:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FT

Mikko Kurki-Suonio
>Ok some other thoughts:
>
>Why doesn't armor have mass?

This is a question for Jon Tuffley.  I would agree that using armor
should
increase mass.

>Which weapons ignore armor? The same ones that ignore screens except
>railguns and scatterpacks?

You would think all weapons would be affected by armor, but they are
explained as protection from beam weapons.

>How to combine screens & armor? Is protection-3 maximum?

I would allow screens and armor to work together.  I would treat any
beam
attacks that penentrate the shields(1st pass) to also be affected by the
ship's armor(2nd pass).

>What do C-batts need to roll to kill a heavy fighter?

I would think that heavy fighters should be no more difficult to hit
than a
standard multi-role fighter.  Since the C-batt is a heavier weapon than
the
PDAF and ADAF, the current rule of destroying only one fighter on a roll
of
5 or 6 seems fair.

>How come there's a model for a standard Kra'Vak fighter when they don't

>use any?

>Do missiles attack 360 or 270 degrees? The rules are contradictory.

270 degress.  The rules state that a ship may be attacked by a missile,
only
if the ship is within 6" of the missile and not within its rear arc.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: Thoughts on FT