Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: Tech Levels in FT/MT

Velocity limits on Starships...

From: pcaron%nhqvax.dnet@r...
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:15:52 -0500
Subject: Velocity limits on Starships...

<joachim writes:>
>  Although one of the guys I play with is convinced that he will
>immediately die if he moves at less than 36".	He tends to go for
>smallish ships with submunitions and it usually works because you only
>get one shot at them (with A batteries) on the way in.

Has anyone considered playing FT with imposed velocity limits on
starships.
I was considering this for games played on large tables or when using cm
instead of inches.  I would like to use the N-Space drive rating of a
starship to determine that ship's upper limit.

I'd like to try this and see if it makes missiles and fighters more
useful
on LARGE playing areas...

Peter Caron

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: Tech Levels in FT/MT