Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Looking for GMs to run GZG events.

Re: Armour + Screens Combined

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:22:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Armour + Screens Combined

> Do any of you out there use ships that have both screens and
> an armoured hull, if so how do you handle them for the varying
> damage effects that occur from different weapons.
> Interested in any comments or Home grown rules you use.

Sure do. We tend to use an adaption available on the net (can't remember
where off hand) that makes ships with armour slower than they might be
normally.

For ships that combine armour and force fields we usually say that the
max
level of protection that can be had is three levels. Of course, as
armour
protects against some things that force fields don't, some people have
it
mixed, some people combine four or more levels; but the maximum
protection
you can get is three levels.

(all this is unofficial, of course)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Looking for GMs to run GZG events.