Prev: Re: Missles? Next: RE: Capital vs. others Debate

Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:28:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Joachim Heck wrote:
>Ground Zero Games writes:
>
>@:) SALVO MISSILE BATTERIES
>
>  Sounds good.  I think someone has already recommended having these
>work like a sunmunition for simplicity - that is, the number of
>missiles that hit is 1d6 (or the number left, whichever is smaller).
>*DAF should kill one missile on a 6.

I think this might have been me.  I proposed the following a while back
(with some new additions):

TYPE:	  HE Missile Magazine Launcher
MASS:	  6
COST:	  6 (Includes 6 HE missiles)
FIRE ARC: Can only be mounted to fire in one arc.

-HE Missiles:
DAMAGE:      1D6
MOVEMENT:    18" per turn with up to four points of turning, as per
ships,
at		  beginning and midpoint of turn.  Three turn duration.
ATTACK:      Same as standard FT missiles.
RELOAD COST: 12

DESC: Missile magazine symbol resembles a lego brick(block with six
circles) on
ship diagram.  The magazine contains up to 6 high-explosive warhead
missiles.  The missiles are more maneuverable than standard FT missiles.
Each hollow circle represents one missile.  When a missile is fired, a
circle is filled.  One or more missiles may be launched per turn from a
magazine launcher.  A magazine may be reloaded when docked with a supply
ship, base, etc. in three standard game turns.

Threshold Rolls:
-Magazine Hit: (optional system for HE missiles) Roll 1D6 for each
missile
still
in magazine and record as damage to carrying ship.  If at least one
missile
detonates in magazine(i.e. at least one missile exists), launcher is
considered damaged beyond normal DCP repair and out of action for
remainder
of game.  This is similar to damage from a needle weapon.

Here's a variation of the missile launcher using turrets:

TYPE:	  HE Missile Battery
MASS:	  7
COST:	  8 (Includes 6 HE missiles)
FIRE ARC: Can fire in any one arc per turn.
DESC:	  Similar to magazine launcher, but allows greater control over
initial launch.  Symbol is same as magazine launcher with addition of
circle
enclosing lego brick to symbolize it is turreted.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Missles? Next: RE: Capital vs. others Debate