Prev: Re: Maximizing ship designs Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

Re: DSII Questions for Jon..

From: If it's tourist season why can't we shoot them? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:25:47 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII Questions for Jon..

>I posted these a couple weeks ago but never got a reply...

Okay, I'll reply!  :-)	 (and I'll be the first to admit I'm *not*
a DS2 expert ;)

>This weekend my game group did a 30,000 point per side
>bring-n-battle. Each player had 10,000 points to spend on a Mercenary
>Regiment and, Inevitably, Questions arose.

Mannnnnn....why can't I find people like yous around here to play with?
:-(

>1)Do SLAM packs ignore Stealth?

I would say no.

>2)Why are Heavy Artillery batteries costed on the same Gradient as
>Medium and Light Artillery, but lack harassing fire. (maybe there
>should be a price break)

Uhhhh...dunno!

> 3) If you are striking multiple targets within one beaten Arty zone
>and the second Target draws a "systems out-firer" chit, does the
>previous attack stand?

I would say yes. This also with multiple strikes with SLAMs.

A question I think someone asked a long while back and I don't remember
seeing an answer to and would like an answer to is:  when a missile
successfully evades the target's defenses and circumvents or ignores
a target's ECM, hitting the target, during the damage allocation phase
one draws a 'systems out-firer' chit as above, does the attack become
nullified? My take on this was the missile does its damage, but the
launch platform can no longer launch another missile until this is
rectified.

Mk
-
During the run-and-fight-and-run-again battle through this forest of
horror,
she is finally cornered. Her weapons have been left deep in the bodies
of the
slain or broken against the granite-hard scales of these snakes that are
not
snakes. Her stand to the death must be fought here. Though her only
weapons
are her hands and her deep and wide knowledge of the slayers, she does
not
fear them. They will die. Of this she is sure.

Prev: Re: Maximizing ship designs Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]