Prev: Re: Oops and Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long) Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

Full Thrust/Star Trek CCG/Micro Machines Campaign

From: "Joy Mock" <ninjacowboy@w...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:30:55 -0500
Subject: Full Thrust/Star Trek CCG/Micro Machines Campaign

I have noticed that there are a lot of messages on campaigns.  So here
is
my 2 bits worth.  This campaign requires very little record keeping,
does
not take very long (in the campaign sense of the word "long"), and uses
three things I like very much:Full Thrust, Star Trek CCG (I like the
cards,
not the game), and micro machines (my Star Trek Fleet numbers around 33
vessels).

Put all your missions, that pertain to the two
races that are being played, into a deck and
shuffle them.

Roll two dice(D6) and add four for the total
amount of missions in this sector.  Shuffle all
your mission cards and start laying them out in a
row from left to right, until you have laid down
the total number of missions equal to your dice
roll.  Duplicate missions are discarded and
replaced.

The first player to complete 100 points in
missions in the winner.

Each player rolls a dice.  High roll gets to chose
which end of the mission row that he wants to
place his outpost.  The low roller places his
outpost at the other end of the mission row.

Take all the personal of your affiliation and
place them in a deck, face down, next to you after
you have shuffled them.  Draw the top five cards
and place them at your outpost.

Shuffle all your ship cards of your affiliation
and place them in a deck, face down, next to you.
Draw the top card and place it at your outpost.

The player who lost the outpost roll gets to move
first.

The first player may move his ship as far as his
range will allow.  Personnel can be transferred
freely between ships and outposts at the same
mission location. Turn all ships one half turn
after they have moved to show that you have moved
them.

The second player may now move his ship as far as
his range will allow.

If the players are at the same location, the first
player may now choose to attack.  If the first
player decides not to attack at a common location,
the second player may initiate an attack.

After all attacks have been solved, plays move to
the next turn.

All ships are turned right side up.

The player with the most ships moves first.  If
players have the same number of ships, then a die
roll will solve this.

DRAW SEQUENCE  START

The first player draws one personnel and places it
on his outpost.

The first player adds up the total weapons rating
of all his ships in play. If
his total weapons rating is less than or equal to
his opponent's, then he may draw the top ship card
from his deck and place it at his outpost.

DRAW SEQUENCE  END

The second player now completes the draw sequence.

MOVE SEQUENCE START

The first player now moves one of his ships.
Personnel move freely between ships and outposts
at the same location.

The second player now moves one of his ships.
Personnel move freely between ships and outposts
at the same location.

Players alternate moving ships until all ships
have been moved, or until both players no longer
wish to move any more ships.  Ship cards should be
rotated 90 degrees, to show that they have been
moved.

MOVE SEQUENCE END

COMBAT SEQUENCE START

The first player decides if he wants to initiate
any battles where opposing forces are at the same
location.

After the first player, the second player may
initiate battles at common locations where the
first player did not start a fight.

Each ship is a standard ship class equal to its
weapons rating less any damage chits.  For
example: A Vor'Cha class attack cruiser has a
weapons rating of 8, which means that it is a
heavy cruiser.	If the Vor'Cha had one damage
chit, it would be rated as a escort cruiser for
this battle.

At the end of a battle, you must place damage
chits on your ships, based on the number of
threshold checks you have made for each ship.  For
example: My Vor'Cha had all of its first row of
damage boxes checked off during battle, so I have
to put a damage chit on it after the battle.  If
my Vor'Cha was attacked before I could get to an
outpost and be repaired, my Vor'Cha would fight as
a escort cruiser on its next battle.  This saves
record keeping in between battles.

Ships may be repaired at outposts.  To be
repaired, a damaged ship must start its turn at an
outpost.  For its move, it may remove on damage
chit.  The ship card is then turned 90 degrees to
signify that it cannot move again this turn.

Adjusted Weapon Rating / Class of Ship (Standard)

1 / Courier Boat
2 / Scout Ship
3 / Corvette
4 / Frigate
5 / Destroyer
6 / Light Cruiser
7 / Escort Cruiser
8 / Heavy Cruiser
9 / Battlecruiser
10/ Battleship
11/ Battledreadnought
12/ Superdreadnought

COMBAT SEQUENCE END

After all combats have taken place, players may
take turns completing missions with their
personnel, at their respective missions locations.
If you have lost a battle at the mission location
this turn, you may not attempt the mission.

If you complete a mission, put a token on this
mission to designate that you have completed the
mission.

Play then moves to the next turn.

Prev: Re: Oops and Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long) Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]