Prev: Re: Missles? Next: Re: Oops and Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long)

Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:23:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

sprayform.dev@netwales.co.uk writes:

@:) My ammendment for missiles and fighters against 'screened ships':-0
@:)
@:) If at the end of their movement a missile or fighter grp has moved
@:) passed a 'screening ship' towards its target ,and said ship is now
@:) in the missile /fighters effective rear arc then any PDF or ADF
@:) from the ship gets an additional attack.(C bat also if still
@:) permitted) against the missile/ fighters before they do (chance
@:) for destruction increased!)

  Watch out with rules like this.  My group played around with
increasing the effectiveness of *DAF and the results were that
fighters got massacred.  These days I think I lean more towards just
equipping my ships with adequate *DAF and providing adequate escort
for big ships.	If every cruiser in your fleet has an ADAF, you can do
some serious damage to incoming fighters and missiles.	If every
escort in your fleet has one, things get really ugly.  In the
interests of optimization, most of the people in my group used to use
no *DAF whatsoever (we also thought fighters were annoying to play
with) but I think we've all been converted now, after getting helpless
fleets ripped to shreds.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Missles? Next: Re: Oops and Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long)