Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: RE: Jerks in Full Thrust

Re: Missles?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 07:05:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Missles?

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, hosford.donald wrote:

> Ahh!	I see.	It's the massive damage potential!  Now this is what I
> allways wanted in Starfire!  Missle that kick but!

There are three differences between Starfire and Full Thrust missiles:

1) FT missiles are single-shot, SF missiles aren't
2) FT missiles are pretty hard to intercept, while SF point defences are
   very effective
3) A single FT missile causes massive damage; a single SF missile...
doesn't.

You play at Starfire too low tech levels, though... We have just cut
down
the damage potential of the best high-tech missiles because they were
too good - when a single missile hit could cause up to 15 damage points,

they outclassed beams at all ranges :( After the damage reductions, the
same missile "only" ccauses 9 points of damage. Still enough to hurt,
though <g>

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: RE: Jerks in Full Thrust