Prev: Re: Sensor Rules Next: Bigger--not always better , 50% option.

Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...)

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 00:39:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...)

This is one of the still disputed intrepretations of the Full Thrust
rules.
Some say that odd ton ships round up both systems tonnage and damage
boxes
(making a cheaper version of the next larger even ton ship). Others say
round both down (making odd ships more expensive than the next smaller
even
ton ship). Still others say to round up the system tonnage and round
down
the damage boxes. This gives more weapons/systems but tends to make the
standard ships less powerful by comparison. I prefer to round down the
system tonnage and round up damage. This only provides 1 extra damage
box.
I feel this gives the standard ships a better cost/preformance ratio.

Jon? Any [official] comments?

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html