Prev: Re: Ship Model Sizes Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 12:44:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

Mark A. Siefert wrote:
>	As I mentioned in my last post, I had one complaint about my
FT/B5

:
>	Does anyone else have any similar experiences?	If so, how do I
>handle them without commiting a capital crime?

Mark,

This happens a lot!  Yes, I have had many a player that escaped bodily
harm
by a narrow margin.  Number one rule is to have patience.  Many times I
have
had excited kids handle and break my own minis even when a parent was
nearby.  I ask at the begining of the game if anyone has not played a
miniatures wargame before.  If players like this exist, I show them how
would like the minis handled.  I also point out to all to have fun, but
respect other players, care for the minis, and leave all items on the
table
that were there at the start of the game.  I accept that accidents can
happen, but deliberate abuse of game equipment will not be tolerated.

At year's GenCon I had one individual who thought he knew everything
about
FT and on every occasion when a player asked me for help, I was rudely
interrupted(sometimes accompanied by a pseudo-temper tantrum) by said
player
who tried talking over my voice on every explanation I made.  I finally
took
him aside and politely stated the following:  "I am the assigned judge
of
game.  Do you understand that?" - Offensive player, "Uh, Yes." - "If you
continue to behave in a disruptive manner, I will have you removed from
the
convention floor.  Do you understand that?" - Offensive player, "Uh,
Yes."
He behaved quite well after that.

Always remember to keep a cool head and have patience. :)

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Ship Model Sizes Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas