Prev: Ship designations Next: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Re: Capital vs. Other sizes...

From: If it's tourist season why can't we shoot them? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:05:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Capital vs. Other sizes...

>We ran a comparison engagement between 1 Mass 100 Dreadnaught(FTL)
>Thrust 3  vs. 15 mass 8 Light Attack Craft (FTL) Thrust 8. The 15
>LACs ate it for breakfast. Each LAC was armed with 1 "B" battery and
>two Submunition Racks, or, 1 Needle Beam and 2 Sub-Racks. They
>approached in three groups of 5 from differing arcs. The DN fried 3
>on approach with AA Megabatt and "A" Batt fire. The LACS then fired a
>total of 24 Submunition racks at a range of less than 10" for 72 dice
>of submuntion rack fire for a damage point total of 39 points.
>(slightly more than average by a couple of points) The SD had 50 DPs
>to begin with and was down to 11. Most of it's internal systems were
>gutted including drives etc. The LACs then proceeded to fry what was
>left with needle fire and B batt fire. I would MUCH rather face 1
>opponent than a Horde of High Thrust small fry.

Query: what would happen if the small-fry had *only* C and B batts,
and the Dreadnought 3 levels of screens? (or did it already?) Would
this change the outcome drastically, or only slightly?

Just a random thought for the morning...

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Ship designations Next: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas