Prev: Full Thrust Campeigns: Big vs Small ships Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:51:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

At 12:46 PM 3/31/97 -0600, Mark wrote:
>	All of this took place at the gaming hall in the back of my
local
>game store. It's not that I didn't want to do anything about it.  I
did.
>However, although I was running THIS game, I can't make the descision
for
>the rest of the gaming group as to who does and doesn't play.	Besides,

>given the way the rest of the group thinks of them, the running bet is
>that they won't be playing with us by the end of the month.

I suspected (from what little I know of you through the mailing list)
that
something like this was the case. You don't strike me as the kind of guy
who
would suffer fools gladly, given the choice.

It sounds, then, that all you can do is make your displeasure known and
grin-and-bear-it for now. If the rest of the players chime in and agree,
then maybe peer pressure will make the two tow the line.

It's a hard thing to handle in a group session. On one hand you want to
encourage players (particularly younger players as they are too
susceptible
to the Dark Side, i.e. GW). On the other hand, you want to have a game
that
people actually ENJOY playing. It's actually HARDER to handle in a
situation
where no money changes hands in order to join the group. If you have to
pay
dues, you hand the guy his money back and tell him he and his son are
welcome when the kid is a bit older. It's actually harder to deal with
if
it's an informal group that allows anyone who shows up into the game.

As someone else suggested, you probably did the right thing not bringing
things to a head during the game. Let the executive of the group, or the
members in general if there is no executive, handle the matter.

>	However, If this does keep up much longer, I'm going to nail
them
>both to the wall.

Just be sure to be polite and gentile when you nail them to the wall
(it's
hard to do, but can be done). You want to maintain the moral high ground
throughout.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Full Thrust Campeigns: Big vs Small ships Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games