Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs

Re: FW: campaigns

From: Slaan@a...
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:33:26 -0500
Subject: Re: FW: campaigns

We run a mercenary campaign.  Forces are limited to a maximum point
total for
each type of force -- fleet, ground, and skirmish.  Players take turns
writing "contracts" between mercenary groups and
governments/corporations.
 The other players then "bid" on the contract, with low bid getting the
job.
 The player can then subcontract to others (e.g., my ground force is
based
exclusively on VTOLs, so when I get a ground contract I sub to someone
who
has artillery or armor).  Cash earned is spent to replace consumable
supplies
(one-shot weapons and fighters in FT, for examples) or to build new
equipment.  Works pretty well in that games are NOT necessarily balanced
--
one player may be optimizing his ground force while another optimizes
his

-- John I.

Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs