Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: Slaan@a...
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:16:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

<<from a post by Win Barker --

or campaign games, replenishment ships should be mandatory. Modern
Battle Groups always have them floating around. A Captain should have
someone else to look after besides his own ship.>>

I agree theoretically.	However, since FT allows you to fire through
enemy
(or friendly) ships, thin-skinned transports have no survivability.
Now, if
they could be screened by escorts and light cruisers, then I'd use
support
ships in virtually every scenario.  What we've come up with is that,
because
of the complete vulnerability of support ships on the board, the
screening
battle is fought out between escorting and intercepting fleets while the
support ships are still off the board.

-- John I.

Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games