Prev: FW: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: FW: campaigns

FW: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:33:38 -0500
Subject: FW: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Jon,

I don't think you need to add this kind of stuff into the rules. I DO
think (as you have certainly noticed
 by my recent posts) that the Cap ships need to be tweaked down just a
bit. I also think, after getting
comments from folks, that a good campaign system might address the
problem "naturally." With a few
 variations to the campaign system, folks could play different war
scenarios. The possibilities are vast
and would be a lot of fun exploring. In campaign A are "big guns" better
or something else. In
campaign B is it better to be more aggressive or more defensive? A good
campaign system could
really stretch FT into another dimension (pardon the pun).

If such a system where translated to the computer some really fun
Mega-campaigns could open up
 where a few folks playing the campaign by email over the computer could
hook up with a few gaming
groups playing FT on the table. The table folks would play out the FT
battles and report the results
 back to the campaign folks.

Paul