Prev: FT Campaign System (In early Playtest) Next: Re: "Harpoon in Space"

Re: campaigns

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:24:31 -0500
Subject: Re: campaigns

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
> ... If you don't have the time to repair an existing ship,
> you certainly don't have the time to build ships from scratch.

You're right -- it's time to step back and examine the assumptions:

In the two campaign games I've played, one lasted two months (game
time), and one lasted 6 months. We used the campaign rules in the back
of More Thrust as a starting point, and played on a hex grid where it
takes one day (game time) to go from hex to hex. We felt that there
wasn't enough time to build new ships, so we all started with 7000
points worth of ships, and we made up some simple, streamlined repair
rules to keep our damaged ships in play during the campaign.

So...given these two assumptions (no new shipbuilding, and a relatively
short duration in "game time"), an official set of rules for
refit/repair
of damaged ships will help keep things balanced.

--
Rick Rutherford ------ rickr@digex.net ------ The above opinions are
mine.

Prev: FT Campaign System (In early Playtest) Next: Re: "Harpoon in Space"