Prev: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: DirtSide II Rules regarding multiple targets.

Re: Damn the torpedoes

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:14:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Damn the torpedoes

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

>   So I've heard various arguments one way and the other about A vs
> Torp vs Big Ships and I decided to take a quick look at the numbers.
> They came out more favorably (for the torpedo) than I would have
> expected.

Very interesting analysis, but I was mainly concerned about missiles,
which have a max terminal range of 3x18" == 54". The long range means
firing arcs are largely irrelevant and at least on my table, you can
come
in on one edge, fire against targets on the other and get the hell outta

Dodge before anyone can do anything about it.

Which seems a lot like modern sub-to-sub battle...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: DirtSide II Rules regarding multiple targets.