Prev: Re: Micro Machines Next: Re: PBEM

Re: PBEM

From: dgundberg@S...
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:04:49 -0500
Subject: Re: PBEM

Win Barker wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm very interested in playing FTBEM but am unsure about the actual
> mechanics. I'm not that big of a B5 fan (cringes back from the moans)
> so I'm more interested in a generic FT game. Any ideas where I can
look
> for info?

 Well, my PBeM game Deneb Clash is just starting.  It is based on
Superior
 Models Starfleet Wars line of miniatures but the game is basic FT with
 only a few modifications.  Turn 0 with the fleets initial positions is
 being sent out today.

 Thanks to Matthew Seidl, Deneb Clash has its own page:
	http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/deneb/deneb.html

 Everyone is invited to go there and get the background information on
the
 game, ship stats, rule modifications, etc, and then watch the game
 progress.  As Turn 0 information is just being sent out today, it will
not
 be on the site yet but will be soon.

 Each turn a detection report and map will be available.  Thanks to Jon
 Davis, the maps will look great.  Limited intelligence is used so the
 detection reports do not list specific systems.

 I know Jon Davis and Mark Kochte also have PBeM sites for some of their

 games and a number of others have run games but I will let them speak
for
 themselves.

 Dean Gundberg
 dgundberg@bcbsnd.com