Prev: Re: Micro Machines Next: Re: Micro Machines

Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 11:27:46 -0500
Subject: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex

>On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
>> To be quite honest, yes. The FT sales outstrip the DS ones by a good
margin
>> on both sides of the pond, though I am hopeful that the new DSM stuff
may
>> redress the balance a bit!
>
>How much would you say this is because there's no "mainstream"
>(read: GW) competition for FT as there is for DS and SG?

I'd agree with you in general, but I don't think it is so much the GW
competition - with DS & SG it is more the likes of Ogre Minis,
Battletech
et al; mind you, in competition to FT there is always Starfire, SFB etc.
think that FT has grabbed so many people because of its simplicity and
high
level of fun, whereas both DS and SG are a little more complex (and
require
a bit more dedication/investment for a game, such as scenery etc., while
an
FT game takes little more than a handful of ships and an empty
tabletop!).

>> Basically as above - the DS/FW line is just TOO big as it stands!!
CMD
>> introduced all sorts of odd variants, some of which sold and some
didn't.

>I understand the need to streamline, especially with the packaging, but
>personally I'd like to buy odd bits like turrets only for conversions
>and other projects. Like the "wings & things" pack but for DS.

Our new listings for the summer re-release includes assorted packs of
turrets and other bits, which should be what you're looking for.
>--

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Micro Machines Next: Re: Micro Machines