Prev: Star fury pilots Next: Re: Dirtside II

Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:20:35 -0500
Subject: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

>  Having just spent some time reading the Urban Legends home page
>(www.urbanlegends.com) I am in a skeptical mood.  This sounds pretty
>implausible.  My understanding was that the gravitational fields of
>objects smaller than large mountains were impossible to measure - the
>tanker experiment would appear to supply an excellent measurement
>technique.  Anybody have any supporting facts on this issue?

yes I no it sounds odd but it was back a in the 70's I think and was
discovered as the bi-product of fluid dynamic experiments that took into
account waves,surface tension(that does not have a range in meters)etc.

As for mountains the map of N.India was altered a while back when
accurate
satelite mapping revieled that the old BGS maps were ~1.6 km out.
The plumb bob had become more and more deflected towards the mountains
as
the mappers moved N.

P.S.
I hope I'm not a word wrapper bandit but I do'nt think I can change the
settings on Eudora Light so have taken to returning each line!!
Does it work?

Jon (top cat)
SDL

Prev: Star fury pilots Next: Re: Dirtside II