Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Clones Next: I got HEAVY GEAR!!! (Off-Topic)

Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:05:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I find needle missiles mighty strange. To fire a needle beam, you need
> lots of scanner capacity (ie, they require a dedicated firecon). How,
> then, can a mere missile carry scanners powerful enough?

Probaly has to do with the closer proximity of the missile, it is
scanning
from 6" wheras normal needles can be fired from further out.  Like
modern
radar an AWACs uses very powerful radar to spot planes hundreds of
miles away wheras radar guided missiles require much less powerful sets
spot a plane since their range is tens of miles.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Clones Next: I got HEAVY GEAR!!! (Off-Topic)